Updated on March 31st, 2020
You don’t know? It depends on how your friends support your weight loss plan. Some friends come to a help, while others may sabotaging your diet!
Bottom of Form
Friendship gives you a lot of things such as company, social connection, even a good laugh. Friends may wholly influence your weight loss efforts-not always in a positive way! People tend to affiliate with those who are similar to them. Many people claim that weight gaining is infectious like if you spend a bulk of your time with overweight people, you are likely to gain weight.
But before ignore your buddies, keep it in mind that friends could help you to restrain you from high-calorie food. In case if you are opting for lose weight, we recommend if possible accompany like-minded friends. So let’s find out Are Your Friends Making You Fat?
Friends with hidden claws!
In our time’s obesity became epidemic and our lifestyle is limiting ways to lose weights. If someone determines to lose weight he or she need support from peers and realizing not every friend will come to aid in this matter. So let’s see the categorization of buddies
- The saboteur. This type of friend appears supportive but in fact they are sabotaging you. Like the friend who says, ‘Bravo, you’ve shown improvement! You deserve to have this (crazy whatever food) just this once.’ Although the friend tends to recognize your success, they also tempt you to ‘fall off the wagon.’
- The quitting-encourager. They find you battling to lose weight try to reach you by statements such as, “Are you sure this is all worth it? It seems so hard!
- The food buddy. This might be your best buddy! They always enjoy treating with junk food, never judge each other over obesity. He or she might concern that you might be critical of his or her eating habits.
- The overweight friend. You both are overweight, or you are the heavy one, but your new weight loss threatens the physical dynamic and perhaps the relationship also!
- The attention hog. The great attention seeker and she may either try to snatch away the amount of attention aimed at you or secretly trying to turn more attention his or her way.
There are different techniques to handle these kinds of friends. You can even find realize what they are sabotaging your weight loss unintentionally. First think of giving them some time to familiar to the new you, or converse openly about what you see they are doing. You will see some good friends change their behavior as you speak. Some others refusing to change or denying change their attitude. You have the moral ground to move on!
Friends Can Boost Your Success
The good news is that a lot of friends can come to your aid on your dieting efforts. Friends can join you in losing weight together, give you encouragement, share encouraging stories or simply pat you as a sign of appreciation. A general saying is that it takes a village to raise a child. Likely it may take a village to lose one’s weight and battle obesity as well. The way is, you need right village filled with good supportive people around.
You need not only restrain yourself, but turn your surrounding in your favor to achieve and sustain weight loses. Thank you for visiting us. Stay with us for more article like this Are Your Friends Making You Fat?