Updated on May 13th, 2020
Apple pie is a regional variation apple tart. It is one kind of fruit pie, where the main filling ingredient is apple. It is occasionally served by topping with whipped cream or ice cream or alongside cheddar cheese. Here is a basic recipe of baked apple pie.
- Pastry (for a 9 inch double crust pie) – 1 recipe
- Unsalted butter – 1/2 cup
- All-purpose flour – 3 tbsp
- White sugar – 1/2 cup
- Packed brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Granny Smith apples (peeled, cored and sliced) – 8
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C).
- Place a saucepan over a medium heat and add butter. Stir butter until it melts and mix flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and stir gradually. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Subsequently, place the bottom crust in a medium pan. Fill the pan with apple slices. Cover apple slices with a lattice work crust.
- Pour the butter and sugar mixture over the crust gently.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350° F (175° C) and continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Shift the apple pie into a serving dish and serve.
You can also serve it as Caramel-Pecan Apple Pie by drizzling with 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping, immediately after removing the pie from oven. Then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of chopped pecans on the top.
Incoming Searches –
Baked Apple Pie Recipe 2017, easy Baked Apple Pie Recipe. new Baked Apple Pie Recipe