Updated on May 13th, 2020
Bircher Muesli recipe was developed by a Swiss physician Maximilian Bircher-Brenner for his patients, which is still one of the most popular breakfasts in Switzerland and Germany. The original Bircher muesli recipe contains more fresh fruit than grain and soaked the raw oats.
- Gala apple (unpeeled, quartered and core removed) – 1
- Rolled oats – 1 cup (90g)
- Apple juice – 1/2 cup (125ml)
- Fat-free natural yoghurt – 1/2 cup (130g)
- Large pinch ground cinnamon
- Flaked almonds – 1/4 cup (25g)
- Walnuts – 1/4 cup (30g)
- Pepitas (pumpkin seeds) – 2 tablespoons
- Blueberries, to serve
- Coarsely grate the apple pieces.
- In a medium bowl, add the grated apple, apple juice, rolled oats, yoghurt and cinnamon.
- Mix them to combine well. Cover the bowl and keep in the refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight.
- Add the flaked almonds, pepitas and walnuts in a small bowl and mix them until well combined.
- Add half of the nut mixture into the muesli mixture and stir to combine well. If the muesli has been soaking overnight, then add 1/2 cup of yoghurt or as your desire. Scatter the remaining nut mixture over the top of the muesli mixture.
- Garnish with blueberries and serve.
If you like yogurt and oatmeal, you will definitely like this Bircher muesli recipe. You can use pineapple or orange juice, milk or soy milk instead of the apple juice. You can also add some diced dried apricot or currants or toasted shredded coconut on the top.
Incoming Searches –
Bircher Muesli Recipe 2017, easy Bircher Muesli Recipe, new Bircher Muesli Recipe