Updated on May 13th, 2020
Trifle is one kind of dessert, which is usually made with fruit, sponge cake and custard; it often topped with ice cream or whipped cream. Here is a blueberry trifle recipe, where the lemon curd gives an extra layer of decadence.
- Good-quality lemon curd – 250g
- Plain sponge cake – 300g
- Blueberries – 1 punnet
- Limoncello – 1/3 cup (80ml)
- Thickened cream – 600ml
- Caster sugar – 125g
- Lemon juice – 100ml
- Mascarpone – 250g
- Slivered pistachios – to serve
- At first set aside 3.5 tablespoons of lemon curd and cut sponge cake into 1.5 cm thick slices.
- Spread remaining curd in cake slices. Make a layer of this cake in a 1.5-liter capacity serving glass bowl. Scatter blueberries over the cake layer and sprinkle limoncello.
- Place 500 ml thickened cream in a medium pan and heat over medium heat. Add caster sugar and cook until just below boiling point. Decrease the heat to low; simmer for about 5 minutes. Add lemon juice and stir. Then pour this mixture over the cake-blueberry layer. Allow to cool and then place in refrigerator to chill for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Place mascarpone and remaining thickened cream in a medium mixing bowl; whisk until thick. Swirl through some remaining reserved lemon curd. Pile this mixture over the top of the cake layer.
- Drizzle the rest lemon curd over the top and garnish with pistachios; serve immediately.s
The refreshing lemon curd filling and fresh blueberries give this blueberry trifle plenty of colors.
easy berry trifle, frozen berry trifle, angel food cake trifle with strawberries and blueberries, berry trifle recipe, berry trifle with ladyfingers, fruit trifle recipe with custard, trifle cake recipe, english trifle recipes