Updated on April 1st, 2020
- Quinoa – 1 Cup
- Green pepper (chopped) – 1
- Mushrooms, (chopped) – 1.5 cup
- Yellow onion, (finely chopped) – ½ cup
- Marinara Sauce – 3 cups
- Low-sodium chicken broth – 1 cup
- Minced garlic – 1 tablespoon
- Egg – 1
- Flour – 2 tablespoons
- Shredded Parmesan cheese – 1 cup
- Garlic powder – 2 teaspoons
- Large chicken breasts – 4
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a casserole dish with coconut oil.
- Prepare veggies by chopping a whole green pepper and 1.5 cups of mushrooms. Finely chop yellow onion.
- Place 1 cup of uncooked quinoa on the bottom of your casserole dish and then layer with veggies. Add marinara sauce, chicken broth, and minced garlic to the casserole dish and mix everything together.
- Mix together flour, shredded Parmesan and garlic powder in a medium-size bowl. Then crack an egg into a small bowl and whisk.
- Prepare chicken breast by dipping into the egg and then into the Parmesan mixture. Put chicken breast on top of quinoa mixture.
- Finally, sprinkle with the Parmesan mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake it at 375ºF, uncovered for 20 minutes. Then, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes or until the quinoa is fully cooked.
quinoa recipes with chicken and vegetables, chicken and quinoa bowl, chicken and quinoa casserole, chicken quinoa stir fry, garlic chicken quinoa