Smoothie is thick drink, which is made by blending raw fruits or vegetables other ingredients like water, crushed ice, dairy products or sweeteners. Here is a recipe of coconut water smoothie; we know that coconut water is a natural source of electrolytes and is a natural way of re-hydration and re-energization. On the other hand, bananas are nourishing and easy for the stomach; they contain a natural electrolyte (potassium) and pectin, which helps to restore normal functions of the digestive system.
- Coconut water – 1 cup
- Large ripe bananas (peeled) – 3
- Coconut milk (regular or light) or coconut milk creamer – 1/4 cup
- Strawberries (fresh) – 1/2 cup
- Honey, sugar, agave nectar, or your favorite sweetener – to taste
- Stem fresh strawberries and rinse them clean. Allow cooling.
- Place bananas, strawberries, coconut water and coconut milk in a blender and blend. To get a colder smoothie, add a few ice cubes to the blender or you can freeze fresh strawberries prior to blending.
- Continue blending until smooth. Add your desired sweetener to taste and blend again.
- Pour into the serving glasses and serve.
You can substitute strawberries with blueberries or a berry mixture, if you don’t like strawberries. You can also use mangoes in this coconut water smoothie.