- Leeks (washed and sliced) – 2
- Spring onions (sliced) – 2
- Good quality feta cheese (crumbled) – 100g
- Tasty cheese (reduced fat) – 100g
- Eggs – 2
- Garlic (crushed) – 2 cloves
- Oregano or dill
- Ricotta (light) – 50g
- Butter (reduce salt) – 20g
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
- Salt – to taste
- Ground black pepper – to taste
- Filo pastry – 3 to 4 sheets
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Spray an oven proof dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add 1 tbsp of olive oil and butter. Add sliced leeks to the pan and sauté for about 10 minutes. Season them with salt and black pepper to taste. Lower the heat if color appears on leeks. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place sliced spring onions, ricotta, feta cheese, oregano or dill, eggs and garlic in a medium mixing bowl. Season them with salt and black pepper. Add the mixture into the cooled leeks and mix well until all combined.
- Arrange 3 to 4 sheets of filo pastry on the sprayed oven proof dish. Spray each sheet with cooking spray before adding layers. Pour the leek mixture on the top of the pastry. Spread tasty cheese over the top.
- Place it into the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until cooked well.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.
You can use the homemade filo dough, which is a little bit thicker than a usual filo paper, but it will give a more rustic touch.