Updated on April 1st, 2020
When freezing cold reigns everywhere; believe me, if you have a bowl of warm, delicious soup in your hand you can’t feel the cold at all. Recipes we provided here are only to aimed up to lock your coziness in winter and give you a better taste. Try our recipes and get ready to beat the coldness in winter.
- Mexican Cabbage Roll soup: This delicious soup of cabbage and beef along with the flavor of cilantro and the hotness of green chili will surely warm you up in cold morning.
- 3 cups cabbage
- 1 cup water
- ½ pound beef (90% lean preferable)
- ½ can beef broth
- 1 ½ can green chilies (chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cilantro ( fresh and minced)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Cinnamon, 2 sticks
- Pepper to taste
- Pico de gallo and reduced fat sour cream, optional for garnish
How To Cook:
- Cook beef on medium high heat with seasonings until it become tender.
- On medium high heat, heat oil and sauté cabbage and onion for 6-7 minutes. Add crumbled beef, water, broth and chilies. Let it boil. When starts boiling, reduced the heat to low and cover the pan. Leave for 10 minutes. Add cilantro and stir.
- Now serve hot with pico de gallo and sour cream on top.
- Turkey Tortilla Soup: This turkey tortilla soup is the ultimate selection of your cold winter days to keep you warm. It requires only 30 minutes to cook so you can make it whenever you want even when the guests are on the dining table.
- 1 ½ cup cooked turkey
- 2 cans chicken broth
- ½ can whole karnel corn
- ¼ cup salsa
- 2 ½ corn tortillas
- ½ can black beans
- 2 tablespoons cilantro ( freshly chopped)
- Salsa ( additional, if desired)
How To Cook:
- Combine chicken broth, cooked turkey, black beans, kernel corn and salsa in a saucepan on medium high heat. When starts boiling, reduce the heat to low and leave for 10 minutes. Stir often.
- Bake tortilla chips at 400 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Add cilantro into soup. Serve hot with crispy tortilla chips on top. Add additional salsa if desired.
- Spinach Cashew Cannellini Bean Stew: If you are in the mood of cooking, you can try this healthy vegan stew recipe. Ingredients used here are full of nutrition and taste and I’m sure this gonna be your signature dish. So why are you waiting for? Let’s start cooking..
- 250g spinach
- 1 400g can or ½ c. dried cannellini beans
- 350ml tomato passata
- ½ cup cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cashews for serving
- ½ teaspoon curry
- Pepper and cardamom as required
- Cilantro, scallions as required (optional)
How To Cook:
- Wash spinach, drain and chopped finely.
- Cook the cannellini beans following the directions of the package, if you use dried ones.
- In medium high heat, heat half the oil and fry the chopped spinach for 3-4 minutes.
- Combine the cashew butter and tomato passata in a bowl and mix it well. Heat the mixture until it comes to a boil on medium heat. Reduce the heat to low.
- Now add beans in it and season with pepper, salt, curry and cardamom to your taste.
- Roast the cashews for 4-5 minutes on the remaining olive oil, salt and curry until lightly brown.
- Spread the roasted cashews over the stews and serve. You can sprinkle a small pinch of herbs to give the stew an extra punch.