Updated on May 13th, 2020
Soup is a liquid food, commonly served warm or hot and occasionally cold. It may contain meat and vegetables with stock, juice, water or other liquid. Here is a recipe of chilled avocado soup which consists of avocado, chicken broth, onion and fresh cilantro.
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- White Onion (diced) – 1 cup
- Serrano chile (stemmed, seeded, and diced) – 1
- Garlic cloves (minced) – 3
- Salt (for seasoning) – 1 tsp
- Firm ripe avocados (halved, pitted, peeled and mashed) – 4
- Chicken broth – 4 cups
- Fresh lemon juice – 1/4 cup
- Fresh cilantro leaves (chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Black pepper (freshly ground) – 1 tsp
- Mexican sour cream or creme fraiche (whisked to soften) – 1/2 cup
- Crostini or croutons (optional) – for serving
- Take 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium size pan and heat over medium heat. Mix the onion, garlic cloves and Serrano chile to the olive oil and cook for about 2 minutes or until slightly soft.
- Season the mixture by adding salt. Remove the pan from the heat and allow cooling and setting.
- Place the mashed avocados in a medium large bowl.
- Add lemon juice, chicken broth, cilantro, onion mixture and water to mashed avocados and combine. Place the mixture into a blender and make a puree until it becomes smooth, strain the puree into a large bowl. Add salt and black pepper and stir to mix.
- Then cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 3 hours or until well chilled.
- Pour this chilled avocado soup into serving bowls. Drizzle sour cream at the top of each serving.
cold avocado soup with sour cream, cold avocado soup with yogurt, vegan avocado soup, avocado soup indian recipe