Savory Parmesan French Toast originally spiked with Parmesan, mustard powder, garlic, and hot sauce. This is perfect for a Saturday brunch, Sunday lunch or even a quick weeknight dinner or whenever you wish to have.
- Thick good quality bread – 6 slices
- Large eggs – 4
- Milk – 3/4 cup
- Dijon mustard – 1 Tsp
- Freshly chopped spring onion or parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chili oil
- Vegetable oil/coconut oil/olive oil (for frying)
- Avocado if you wish
- Combine the eggs, milk and Dijon mustard in a large mixing bowl. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and leave to heat up.
- Pour the egg mixture into a flat tray and line with the pieces of bread.
- Flip the bread and ensure that, it is soaked up the egg mixture on both sides.
- Then fry in the frying pan for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the mixture is cooked properly and the toast has a nice golden brown color.
- Remove from frying pan (keep warm in oven if doing a large batch) and then serve with generous sprinkles of parmesan cheese, fresh herbs, salt and pepper and a drizzle of chili oil.
Parmesan French Toast Recipe, Savory Parmesan French Toast with Spinach, Parmesan French Toast with Blender Hollandaise