Pasta e Fagioli is an Italian dish which means “pasta and beans” and the Olive Garden version of pasta e fagioli is so more delicious. This Pasta e Fagioli olive garden soup consists of a savory tomato based broth along with vegetables, beans, chicken broth and pasta.
- Ditalini pasta – 1 cup
- Olive oil (divided) – 2 tbsp.
- Spicy sausage – 1 pound
- Garlic (minced) – 3 cloves
- Onion (diced) – 1
- Carrots (peeled and diced) – 3
- Celery (diced) – 2 stalks
- Chicken broth – 3 cups
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Dried basil – 1 tsp.
- Dried oregano – 1 tsp.
- Dried thyme – 3/4 tsp.
- Kosher salt – to taste
- Tomato sauce – 1 can (16-ounce)
- Tomatoes (diced) – 1 can (15-ounce)
- Red kidney beans (drained and rinsed) – 1 can (15-ounce)
- Great Northern beans (drained and rinsed) – 1 can (15-ounce)
- Add water and salt in a large pot and boil over medium heat. Add pasta to the boiling salted water and cook according to the package instructions. Drain well and allow cooling at room temperature.
- Place a large pot over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add sausage to the pot and fry for about 3-5 minutes or until browned. Drain excess fat of the sausage and set aside.
- Add rest 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, carrots, onion and celery to the pot. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until tender and stir occasionally.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, thyme, basil, oregano, sausage and 1 cup water to the pot and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Then cover the pot, reduce heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add pasta and beans; stir and cook a little.
- Serve immediately.
You can use your favorite vegetables and ground beef.
Pasta e Fagioli Olive Garden Recipe 2017, Pasta e Fagioli Olive Garden Recipe, easy Pasta e Fagioli Olive Garden Recipe