Updated on April 1st, 2020
Sweet potato and Chickpea curry is a dish, mainly originating in the cuisine of the Indian subcontinent. The common feature of this dish is the use of complex combinations of spices or herbs like fresh or dried hot chilies.
- Cumin seeds – 1 Tbsp
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Finely chopped onion – 1
- Crushed garlic clove – 2
- Root ginger (peeled and grated) – 50g
- Tinned chickpeas – 600g
- Tinned tomatoes – 400g
- Sweet potato (peeled and cubed) – 750g
- Rice – 200g
- Chili flakes – To taste
- Salt – To taste
- Black pepper – To taste
- At first, heat a large pan over a medium heat and add the oil. Then add the cumin seeds and fry until its being aromatic. Add the chopped onion and a pinch of salt and cook for 5 to 6 minutes until the onion is being soft and translucent.
- Then add garlic, ginger and chili flakes and fry for 3 minutes.
- On the other hand, drain and rinse the chickpeas and add to the pan with the tinned tomatoes and sweet potatoes. Add approximately 500ml water to cover. Keep stirring to mix everything together.
- Cover the pan with a lid over a medium low heat and stir again and again until the potatoes are soft and starting to break apart and the sauce has thickened.
- Simultaneously cook the rice.
- Finally, taste the curry and season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with the rice.
Potato and Chickpea Curry vegan, Potato and Chickpea Curry slow cooker, Potato and Chickpea Curry calories, Potato and Chickpea Curry with rice