Updated on May 13th, 2020
Salad is a dish contains a mixture of small pieces of food, like vegetables with sauce or salad dressing. Here is a pumpkin and spinach salad recipe, which will be perfect as a side dish with a main meal at lunch or dinner.
- Butternut pumpkin (peeled and cut into wedges) – 600g
- Whole-grain mustard – 2 tsp.
- Toasted pine nuts – 1 packet (75g)
- Olive oil – 2 tsp.
- Baby spinach leaves – 1 packet (150g)
- Sesame seeds – 2 tsp.
- Fresh lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
- Honey – 1 tbsp.
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220° C.
- Line a baking tray with a baking sheet.
- Place the butternut pumpkin wedges in a large bowl. Add olive oil and honey; toss to combine well. Season them with black pepper and salt. Toss gently to coat pumpkin wedges.
- Arrange pumpkin wedges in a single layer on the baking tray. Place the tray into the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown and turn once during baking.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle sesame seeds evenly over baked pumpkin. Put it back in oven and bake until the seeds are lightly toasted or for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the tray from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a screw-top jar, add the lemon juice, mustard, extra virgin olive oil and honey. Shake them until well combined. Season with black pepper and salt.
- In a large bowl, place pumpkin, pine nuts and spinach. Drizzle the dressing over the pumpkin mixture and gently toss until combined.
- Place the salad in a serving dish and serve immediately.
You can toss the salad with mint and spread some crumbled feta cheese over the top of the salad.
Pumpkin and Spinach Salad Recipe 2017, easy Pumpkin and Spinach Salad Recipe