The main courses are the featured dishes in a meal which consists of several courses. It is usually the heaviest and most complex dish on a menu where meat, fish or other protein source is used as the main ingredient.
- Soy sauce – 1/4 cup
- Light brown sugar – 3 tbsp
- Distilled white vinegar – 3 tbsp
- Garlic powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Seasoned salt – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic-pepper seasoning – 1/2 Tsp
- Lemon flavored carbonated beverage – 4 ounces
- Green bell peppers (cut into 2-inch pieces) – 2
- Beef sirloin steak (cut into 1 ½ inch cubes) – 2 pounds
- Fresh mushrooms (stems removed) – 1/2 pound
- Cherry Tomatoes – 1 pint
- Fresh pineapple (peeled, cored and cubed) – 1
- Take light brown sugar, garlic-pepper seasoning, distilled white vinegar, seasoned salt, garlic powder and lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage in a medium bowl and mix well. Add soy sauce and mix. Separate, 1/2 cup of this mixture for basting.
- Put beef sirloin steak into a large re-sealable plastic bag and marinade it with the remaining mixture and seal. Refrigerate the steak for 8 hours or overnight.
- Take a saucepan and add water to boil. Add green peppers to boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Drain and allow for settling.
- Preheat grill at high temperature. Thread steak, mushrooms, tomatoes, green peppers, and pineapple onto skewers in an alternating pattern.
- Lightly brush oil on the grill grate. Place kabobs on the prepared grill and cook for 10 minutes. Frequently baste the prepared kabobs with reserved marinade mixture and continue basting for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Place kabobs on a serving plate and serve.
Sirloin kabobs are made by marinating the beef steak for overnight in a slightly sweet soy sauce and lemon-lime mixture, beef sirloin steaks skewered with vegetables and grilled.