Winter comes with festivals. Joy and fun loaded everywhere in the air. As nature changes its colors so do your regular food habits and your dining table should change its color as well. To make easier your holiday planning we tried to summed up 3 surprisingly cool side dishes recipes here. Let’s cook with us to make your dining table more delicious and tasty.
1. Roasted Cheddar Broccoli:
- 2 large head Broccoli
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 bunch scallions (sliced)
- Salt as required
- Nutmeg for garnish
- Cut the broccoli into large pieces.
- Place the broccoli on a baking sheet. Add 4 tablespoons of oil and salt as required and gently toss.
- Place the baking sheet on the oven and roast it for 15 minutes at 450 degrees.
- In a bowl take breadcrumbs, scallions, cheddar cheese, and remaining olive oil and toss gently to mix it well.
- Spread the mixture over half baked broccoli and sprinkle nutmeg on it. Then roast it for another 15 minutes.
- Let it cool and serve…
2. Apple and Ham Stuffing: Apple with ham, chicken and different herbs are going to water
- 2 cups apples
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cups black forest ham (cut into pieces)
- 2 ½ cups bread (sliced into cubes)
- 2 ½ tablespoon butter, unsalted
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley leaves (finely chopped)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- ½ tablespoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- A pinch ground nutmeg
- Salt as required
- Cooking spray
- Spread bread on a 6”*10” rimmed baking sheet coat with cooking spray and place it on a pre heated (350 degrees) oven and bake for 20 minutes to make it dry and light brown in colour. Transfer to another bowl and keep aside.
- Melt ½ tablespoon butter and cook apples on medium heat. Stir often. When the apples become soft transfer it to the bowl with the bread.
- On the pan add onions, ham, celery and 1 tablespoon of butter and cook on medium high heat for 5 minutes. Stir often. After 5 minutes cook for another 10 minutes on medium low heat.
- Now add the cinnamon, nutmeg and oregano. Stir frequently and carefully only for a minute. And then sprinkle over the bread.
- Now add parsley, salt to taste, applesauce and pepper to combine. Add the broth and mix it well.
- Now transfer it to the baking dish and place the remaining butter on top cutting into cubes. And bake for 45 minutes. Let it cool and serve.
3. Steamed Cabbage and Carrots: In winter its worth to have fresh vegetables and try different new recipes. This super easy to make recipe of vegetable surely brighten up the beauty of your dining table
- 1 green cabbage, small
- ½ cup fresh carrots
- ½ green bell pepper, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a pan heat oil in medium heat and cook carrots for 5 minutes. Stir often.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until the vegetables becomes tender and glossy. Stir often. Let it cool and serve.