Updated on April 1st, 2020
Mushrooms are very tasty and healthy as they are consumed for their nutritional value and health benefits. Mushrooms are occasionally taken for their supposed medicinal properties. On the other hand, tuna is a nutritious saltwater fish. Here is a recipe of tuna mushroom caps, which is a great combination of tuna and mushroom.
- Baby Bella mushrooms (stems chopped and reserved) – 12
- Onion (diced) – 1/4 cup
- Garlic (chopped) – 1/4 tsp.
- Albacore tuna in water – One pouch (2.6 ounce)
- Light Creamy Swiss Cheese – 1 wedge
- Best Foods Dijonnaise – 1 tbsp.
- Sweet pickle relish (patted dry) – 1 tbsp.
- 2% milk American cheese (each broken into 4 squares) – 3 slices
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Arrange mushroom caps on a baking sheet by placing rounded sides down. Place them into the preheated oven and bake for about 12 – 14 minutes or until tender.
- Remove mushrooms from the oven, but leave oven on.
- Spray a medium skillet with non-stick spray and place over medium heat. Add onion, chopped mushroom stems and garlic to the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes or until softened slightly. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and dry. Add cheese wedge, tuna and Dijonnaise. Stir to combine well.
- Distribute tuna mixture evenly among the mushroom caps.
- Place the stuffed mushroom caps into the preheated oven and bake for about 8 minutes or until filling is hot.
- Remove them from the oven and top each mushroom with a cheese. Bake again for about 1 minute or until cheese has melted.
These tuna mushroom caps are always popular and also perfect in a lunch box to a party snack, everywhere!
Tuna Mushroom Caps 2017, easy Tuna Mushroom Caps, new Tuna Mushroom Caps