Updated on May 13th, 2020
Chili mac is an Italian dish, which usually contains chili and macaroni as primary ingredients. It is often topped with cheese. Here is a simple and easy vegetarian chili mac recipe which contains corn, beans and spices. This comforting vegetarian chili mac will be the perfect choice for those, who wants a meatless meal.
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
- Yellow onion – 1
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Flour – 2 tbsp.
- Chili powder – 2 tbsp.
- Diced tomatoes – 15 ounce can
- Tomato sauce – 15 ounce can
- Kidney beans – 15 ounce can
- Black beans – 15 ounce can
- Pinto beans – 15 ounce can
- Frozen corn kernels – 1 cup
- Vegetable broth – 2 cups
- Uncooked macaroni noodles – 2 cups
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese – 1 cup
- Add olive oil in a large pot and heat over medium heat. Add onion and garlic to the pot and sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the onions are soft. Add flour and chili powder and sauté for two more minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, tomato sauce, corn and vegetable broth to the pot. Stir the mixture to combine well and cook.
- Add the uncooked macaroni to the pot and stir. Cover the pot, cook and stir occasionally.
- Reduce the heat and let the pot simmer for about 12 to15 minutes or until the liquid is thick and the macaroni is tender. Stir occasionally.
- When the macaroni is tender, add cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot.
This rich and cheesy vegetarian chili mac needs about 30 minutes to cook, which can be made in one large pot.
vegetarian chili mac and cheese slow cooker, slow cooker vegetarian chili, vegetarian slow cooker recipes, vegetarian chili mac calories, slow cooker mac and cheese