Muffin is individually sized, baked bread product. Muffins are similar to cupcakes in size and cooking procedure, but the main difference between them is: cupcakes tend to be sweet desserts using cake batter. Muffins are great lunch box filler.
- All purpose flour – 1.5 cups
- Baking powder – 1.5 tsp.
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1/3 cup
- Onion (chopped) – 4 tsp.
- Capsicum (chopped) – 4 tbsp.
- Pizza or marinara sauce – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 1
- Sugar – 1 tsp.
- Mozzarella cheese (grated) – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Dry herbs – 2 tsp.
- Preheat oven to 200° C.
- Place a medium pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the chopped onions and stir fry them for about 2 minutes. Add chopped capsicum to the pan and stir fry until they are half cooked or for about 5 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, take flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together and mix; set aside. Then add the fried onion and capsicum mixture, oil, egg and marinara sauce gradually; mix them until well combined.
- Grease the moulds and pour the prepared batter into the mould. Place them in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove muffins from the oven and spread grated cheese over the top and put it back into the oven and bake until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven when the cheese melts and allow them to cool; serve.
These cheesy vegetarian pizza muffins are so simple to prepare, but they looks very delicious and yummy.
eggless pizza muffins, savoury pizza muffins, whole wheat pizza muffins, oats pizza muffin, recipe of pizza muffins