Updated on May 13th, 2020
Zucchini is a summer squash and Chorizo is one kind of pork sausage. The combination of these ingredients gives a delicious and healthy dish as it also contains vegetables and eggs. You can serve it as a light lunch with salad or pack some into lunch-boxes.
- Chorizo sausage (finely chopped) – 1
- Ground paprika – 1 teaspoon
- Zucchini (coarsely grated) – 1
- Corn kernels – 1 cup (160g)
- Carrot (coarsely grated) – 1
- Spring onions (thinly sliced) – 4
- Tasty cheddar cheese (coarsely grated) – 3/4 cup (90g)
- Self-raising flour – 1/2 cup (75g)
- Cornmeal (polenta) – 1/2 cup (85g)
- Eggs (lightly whisked) – 4
- Milk – 1/4 cup (60ml)
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Feta cheese (crumbled) – 50g
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Grease a medium ovenproof frying pan with olive oil. Line a disc of baking paper on the base of the pan.
- Place an another medium frying pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Add chorizo sausage and stir fry for about 5 minutes or until golden. Add ground paprika and stir. Shift them to a mixing bowl. Stir in the zucchini, carrot, cheddar, corn, spring onion, self-raising flour and cornmeal gently.
- Add milk and egg to the sausage mixture and stir well to combine all.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan. Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese over the top and bake for about 40 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
You can add some slices of red capsicum with the chorizo, which will give the dish an extra color and flavor. You may serve this dish with coriander and lime wedges.
Zucchini Chorizo Slice, Zucchini Chorizo Slice 2018, Zucchini Chorizo Slice recipe